Monday, October 6, 2008

Meet the Press Veep Debate Post-mortem with Gwen Ifil

On October 5, Gwen Ifill, Tom Brokaw, David Gregory and other luminaries of the pundit world gathered for the Sunday morning talking head chatfest known as Meet the Press. Top of the agenda: Saturday Night Live and the vice presidential debate. I will admit I had been a bit disappointed in Ifill's performance as moderator -- I've always thought of her as a serious, credible journalist -- so her kid-gloved handling of Palin was annoying and a bit of a surprise. But after hearing Ifill's perspective, I understand a little better why the debate played out the way it did -- and have more sympathy for her role. I still think Ifill could have pushed more... but this roundtable discussion on MTP is nonetheless enlightening.



Copyright 2008 (text only). The Zaftig Redhead. All Rights Reserved.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hi Zaffy!

I thought that Ifill did the best she could under the circumstances... why give McCain any ammunition so that they could whine about "liberal media bias"?