Saturday, October 11, 2008

Guest Blog: Michelle Obama -- Partner in Leadership

Hello readers. Enjoy this guest blog from my friend Gunfighter. It's worth the read.

Everyone who has five spare minutes to listen to me talk, knows that I am devoted to the task of getting Barack Obama elected President of the United States. I am proud to support Senator Obama because of his clear thinking, and the sound, cogent, policies that he plans to pursue when he is elected. I am prouder still, to support Senator Obama because of his family. Yes, because of his family.

Senator Obama has a great family, and by any indication that I can use, he seems to be a great husband and a great dad... and you all know that Gunfighter is all about being the best dad in the world.... but, that's enough about Barack Obama for the moment. Where I really want to go in this post is to point out that no man is an island. This statement is particularly true if the man in question is vying for the Presidency of the United States. This is no less true of Barack Obama.... and isn't he a lucky dog to have Michelle at his side?!

Michelle Obama is a treasure. A National Treasure. She is an inspiration to people across political lines, across generational lines, and across racial lines. Michele Obama is the quintessential American woman. She has achieved great professional success on her own intellect and merit. She is a loving wife and mother, and she is a tireless campaigner for her husband.

My friends over at Momocrats, are particularly fond of Mrs Obama because she is one of them, a sister, a kindred spirit. Not only are they fond of her because of the things that she has said, and the things that she has accomplished, they also love her for recently guest posting at their blog... which, I have to say, was pretty cool.

Mrs. Obama, I salute you. As the father of two daughters, I can't tell you how pleased I am that you, and other women like you (and Mrs. Gunfighter, and all of the other strong, intelligent and accomplished ladies that I am privileged to know) are there as great examples and role models to the young women of our country, not because of the men that you graced with your partnership in marriage, but in your own right. I am also pleased that you are there at Barack's side during this long campaign. I know that both you will continue to be assets to each other, to your children, and to our entire country.

GF

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Thanks for having me here, Zaffy. Michelle Obama is he business, isn't she?

GF